WHAT2BET is an online competition game where users predict the score of football (or soccer in the US) games.
To participate, each player needs to place a prediction for the final score (90 minutes only) of every game for each matchday. A matchday usually takes place during the weekends, but there are exceptions with weekly games and during holidays.
For each matchday, all games will be listed following the format of home and away teams. The user can select the right score by choosing between “0” and “10” goals for both home and away teams. For example, Liverpool v Aston Villa: 3-1 as final score or Everton v Arsenal: 1-1 as final score.
All predictions must be placed no later than 15 minutes before the first game of the matchday starts.
After the last game of the matchday ends, all users will get points based on number of hits.
The point system is as following:
- Matchday participation: 10 points
- For every correct score predicted, the user receives 15 points. For example, the user predicted 2-2 as final score for Brighton v Crystal Palace and the final score was 2-2. This is called strike as the user achieved 3 hits: correct final score, draw and over 2.5 goals.
- If the user had predicted the final score to be 0-0 or 1-1, then he/she would receive 5 points. In this case, the final score was not correct, but the game result was draw (1 hit).
- If the user had predicted the final score to be 3-3, then he/she would receive 10 points. In this case, the final score was not correct, but the game result was a draw and over 2.5 goals (2 hits).
- If the user had predicted the final score to be 2-1, then he/she would receive 5 points. In this case, the final score was not correct, but the game result was over 2.5 goals (1 hit).
- For any other prediction which does not match any of the criteria described above, the user would receive 0 points.